The program can help with a 0% interest rate, 20 year deferred payment mortgage loan.
- Up to $45,000 toward down payment/closing costs for households below 80% median income
- Up to $35,000 toward downpayment/closing costs for households with income between 81-120% median income (Limited funding available for this income level)
- Additional down payment funds may be available through State Bond Program
- Income levels available to serve may be limited by funding availability throughout the year
General Eligibility Requirements
- Household is a first-time homebuyer (have not owned a home in the past 3 years); or
- Lost primary home to a natural disaster and want to purchase a home (even if owned home less than 3 years ago); or
- Is fleeing from domestic violence and want to purchase a home (even if owned home less than 3 years ago); and
- Household must contribute at least $1,000 toward the purchase
- Home must be located in Largo City Limits (household does not have to currently live in City limits); and
- Household must be income eligible
To get started, call Tampa Bay Community Development Corporation at 727-442-7075.
Additional downpayment opportunities may also be available:
Pinellas County - 727-464-8210
Pinellas Housing Finance Authority - 727-223-6419
Downpayment Program Income Limits
Income Limits by Household Size (based on Tamp-St. Pete Area Median Income (AMI))
|Income Level||1 Person||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People|
Homebuyer Classes & Counseling
Not sure if you are ready to buy a home? Completing a homebuyer class and using the free housing counseling services will help you explore the homeownership process and prepare you for buying a home.
Applicants for the Sold-on-Largo program must complete an Homebuyer Education class, Financial Fitness class and a one-on-one housing counseling session for eligibility for the program. The City contracts with two agencies to provide these classes/counseling:Visit the links below for more information.
Household Budgeting/Credit Counseling:
- One-on-One counseling is available through Tampa Bay Community Development Corporation and National Foundation for Debt Management to help prepare you for home ownership.
Consejera de Vivienda
Clases para el Comprador de Casa:
Si usted está interesado en nuestro taller en español para el horario de clases y el registro, llame al (727)442-7075 a Tampa Bay Community Development Corporation o (727) 254-5353 por National Foundation for Debt Management.
Se requieren clases para la asistencia de pago inicial.
Asesoramiento de Vivienda y Crédito:
- Mejurar su Crédito
- Hacer un Presupuesto
- Establecer Metas Financieras
Para servicios legales (desalojo, discriminación) en sue lenguaje, contacte a:
Other Available Downpayment Progarms
Housing Choice Voucher to Homeownership
Do you already receive a Housing Choice Voucher from Pinellas County Housing Authority? If so, the Housing Authority has a program that can help apply your voucher toward your monthly homeownership cost so that you can reach your dream of homeownership.
First-Time Homebuyer Key 1st Mortgage
Pinellas Housing Finance Authority offers up to $7,500 toward downpayment and closing costs. This can be used with the City's Sold on Largo program. When you apply for the City's program, ask about this program through the Housing Finance Authority funding as well.