The City of Largo can provide income-eligible homeowners with repairs. This program can provide a 0% interest deferred mortgage (meaning no monthly payments are due) for home repairs. The mortgage is forgiven if you stay in the home for 15 years. Let us assist you in selecting a contractor and managing the repairs as well. Unfortunately, mobile homes built before 1994 are not eligible.
As part of the rehabilitation project, you may be eligible for:
- Up to $5,000 Energy Grant
- Up to $5,000 Barrier Removal Grant
Home Replacement Program
The City can provide income-eligible homeowners with home repair financing under its Housing Rehabilitation Program. If it is deemed that it is not cost-effective to repair the home, your home may be eligible for the Home Replacement Program.
The process for qualifying for this program follows the same process as the Housing Rehabilitation Program. Through that process, the City's Housing Services would determine if your home would qualify for replacement.
These programs are funded through: federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), federal HOME Investment Partnership (HOME), and State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program.
What types of repairs are available?
- Roof repair/replacement
- Electrical and plumbing repairs/upgrades
- Air conditioning
- Energy efficiency improvements
- Handicap accessibility improvements
Who is eligible?
- You are in Largo City limits
- You own and live in the home as your primary residence
- Your household income cannot exceed current income limits for the program
- You have equity in your property
- Your property is not located in a Special Flood Hazard Area
- Mortgage(s) and property taxes are current on payments and NO equity line of credit or reverse mortgage liens are on the property
- Home value limits may also apply (based on program funding sources)
What are the income limits by household size?
Income Limits by Household Size