Requirements for service:
- The business or citizen requesting service is required to pay for the officer's services at a rate established by the police department.
- Service must be within the Largo City limits.
- All job requests must be screened and assigned by Largo Police Department. Largo Police Officers do not arrange their own "off-duty jobs".
Requests for services which exceed the department's capabilities or are not consistent with the professional law enforcement policies of the department will NOT be honored.
If you are a business or individual within the City of Largo who desires to hire off-duty police officers for an event or other circumstance, please follow these instructions:
- Review the requirements for service
- Download, review, and sign the Contract for Private Duty Police Services
- At least 14 days prior to the event, return the contract by fax or mail to:
Largo Police Department
Attention: Majors' Office
201 Highland Avenue
Largo, FL 33770
Your contract will be reviewed to insure that the job complies with department policy and you will be notified of approval or disapproval.
For questions, contact Michele Harman at [email protected] or (727)587-6707.