Did you know the Pinellas County Fertilizer Ban is in effect from June 1 through September 30. Learn what kinds of fertilizer you can and can't use in your yard and how to keep our future Largo sustainable for generations.
How can you help improve our waterways?
- Scoop the Poop- Up to 50 thousand pounds of pet waste is unscooped every day in Pinellas.
- Avoid certain fertilizers during the summer ban (June 1-Sep 30) as these nutrients can harm aquatic life.
- Drain pools and wash your car over grass to filter out harmful chemicals.
- Keep leaves and grass clippings in your yard and out of the stormdrain.
- Keep car oil and other chemicals out of your driveway and off of the ground to prevent runoff.
- Report illegal dumping of chemicals and trash to Stormwater@largo.com.