Welcome to the City of Largo! Now that your post offer testing and background checks have been successfully completed, the next step in the process is to attend an onboarding appointment as assigned in a recent email you received from Human Resources.
To ensure you understand what must be completed in advance and what forms to bring on your first day, please read everything listed under the links below very carefully.
Download each form, print, complete and bring to your onboarding appointment.
The following links will take you directly to important forms to be downloaded, completed prior to your meeting and brought with you to your appointment.
Required Documents for All New Employees
Please bring originals of these items with you, even if you have already supplied photocopies. Copies of these items are not acceptable.
Original Driver License
- If you have not yet obtained your Florida driver license, please bring your out-of-state driver license. You will then need to provide Human Resources with a copy of your Florida driver license within 30 days of hire.
Original Social Security Card
- Please do not bring a laminated Social Security card. This invalidates the card.
- If you have an invalid laminated card or do not have/cannot locate your Social Security card, visit your nearest Social Security office to obtain a new card.
- If you do not receive your new card before your sign-in process with Human Resources, bring the Social Security Administration document provided to you at reorder titled "receipt."
- A voided bank check, a deposit slip for savings or a letter from your bank with the bank name and address and your routing and account number pre-printed (not handwritten) is required for each bank account listed for direct deposit.
Requirements for Federal Form I-9 and E-Verify
Please bring the original documents from the I-9 List of Acceptable Documents you will use to establish your identity and your eligibility to work in the United States. Copies are not acceptable.
The Federal Form I-9 will be available in Human Resources and completed during your onboarding appointment.
- The federal government requires us to document that each new employee/paid intern (regardless of citizenship status) hired after November 6, 1986, is authorized to work in the United States. We are required to do this using the USCIS Form I-9, and by examining evidence of identity and employment authorization presented to us by the employee as indicated on Form I-9.
- Per the last page of the I-9, the employee can provide a List A document, OR a combination of a List B and a List C document. View the current Form I-9 by copying and pasting or typing the URL https://www.uscis.gov/i-9 into your searchbar. Once on this page, click on "Form I-9" near the top center of the page. (do not complete at this time - we will have a copy of the form here for completion during sign-in).
- NOTE - If you choose to provide a combination of a List B and a List C document, any list B document you provide, per E-Verify requirements, must contain a photo.
- The City has been an E-Verify participant since mid-2011. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that requires the employer, as an E-Verify participant (using information reported on a new [and in specific instances, existing] employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification), to determine the eligibility of employees to work in the United States. E-Verify compares information from the employee's Form I-9 to data from U.S Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
- Please review the E-Verify and Right to Work posters
Additional Information Required if Eligible for City of Largo's Benefit Program
Your email will confirm if you are eligible. Please bring all appropriate documents.
Insuring Spouse and/or Dependent Children
- Bring social security number(s), date(s) of birth, marriage certificate and/or birth certificate(s) for dependent children, if any.
- Beneficiary information such as addresses, birth dates and social security numbers for life insurance and retirement plan forms.
Waiving City of Largo Group Health Insurance
- You are required to show proof of other Group Health insurance coverage, such as your medical ID card.