An online tracking system (ATS) is a software application designed to help recruit employees more efficiently and used to:
- Post job openings to a company website or job board
- Store resumes and other documentation for screening and selection purposes
- Communicate with applicants regarding the status of an online application
Using an ATS helps you too! When you create a master account, your information is securely storedfor future use. Should you want to apply for more than one job at the City of Largo, most of your online application will populate from your stored information, and you need only complete the questions specific to the job.
Please note: You cannot share email addresses with anyone else. Each individual applicant must have a unique user ID, password, and email address.
Before Submitting My Online Application
Please be very careful to review your application thoroughly before submitting it. Ensure all attachments (for example cover letters, resumes, licenses, copy of DD-214, certifications and anything else you want the hiring manager to see) are uploaded to your online application before the posting closes. Unfortunately, we can't accept hand delivered, mailed, emailed or faxed documents.
Please note that applications must be completed and submitted by 11:59 pm ET on the day PRIOR to the close date listed on the job posting.
We encourage applicants to gather all information required (as outlined below) prior to beginning your application and have it readily accessible:
- Previous employment information - dates of service, titles, supervisor's name and contact information, salary, job duties, etc.
- Academic credentials - dates attended, graduation date, degree, etc.
- Certifications and Licenses - Date certified, expiration dates, etc.
- Attachments - cover letters, resumes, licenses, copy of DD-214, certifications and/or anything else you want included in your online application
- References - Names, addresses and contact information (telephone number and/or email address) of supervisory references
- After submission, you may not update your application.
You have an option to allow your resume to parse information. This is optional.
In order to be considered for employment with the City of Largo, all sections of your application (experience, education and references) must be thoroughly completed - even if a resume will be uploaded. At a minimum, the following information is required:
- Experience - Past ten (10) years of work history or work history since completion of your formal education
- References - Three (3) references to include current and/or past supervisor(s). Please do not list a spouse or relatives.
- Education - High school and any higher educational institution(s), degree earned and program, if appropriate.
At your discretion, you may provide additional work history or references.
Navigating My Online Account
If you meet the minimum qualifications for the posted job, your online application will be forwarded to the appropriate hiring manager with all other qualified applicants for consideration.
All attachments (for example cover letters, resumes, licenses, copy of DD-214, certifications and anything else you want the hiring manager to see) must be uploaded to your online application before the posting closes. Unfortunately, we can't accept hand delivered, mailed, emailed or faxed documents.
As with any online application, you will be asked to provide work-related personal information such as your name, contact information, educational qualifications, employment history, current and previous salary information and qualifications as they pertain to the job for which you are applying. To expedite this process, you should have this information readily available when you log in to complete your online application. Note that an email address will be required, as the City will correspond with applicants via email.
Please note: Please know the City of Largo conducts background checks so all information will be verified should an offer for employment be extended for any job.
Only authorized City of Largo Human Resources staff will have access to your complete online application. If you meet the minimum qualifications for a job and are referred, your online application will be forwarded to the department representative(s) assisting with a specific recruitment. Note that your online application and personal data is not shared with anyone else and is maintained on a secured web server.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept online applications unless they are received for a current posting. However, you can request to be notified when a job opens that's of interest to you. Instructions on how to apply for a “Job Interest Card” are listed below:
- Go to the job descriptions section of our Human Resources website here
- Each title is an active link so simply click on any job description of interest to review.
The City of Largo, in keeping with the federal and state veteran's preference statutes, will provide preference and priority in hiring and promotional opportunities as defined by current guidelines. Human Resources will work with each department management to ensure compliance with the law. Please know that when a non-veteran candidate is more qualified, he/she can be hired/promoted before a veteran. For internal promotional opportunities, please know that an employee must have been deployed during employment with the City and then return after the deployment for consideration. Even if preference was not requested during the hiring process, it is a 'use it or lose it' provision.
The veteran or family member must:
- Request preference on your application including the category* requested
- Upload all official, valid, unaltered, and legible documentation* required for the selected category of preference and submit with your online application
- At a minimum, the veteran must upload readable copies of DD-214 (Member 4) or combination of other official documents confirming
- Dates of service (start and end)
- Branch of service
- Character of discharge at the time of application. Additional information is required when requesting disability preference
- Honorable discharge is required for preference - no other discharge type is acceptable
- We can not accept hand carried, mailed, emailed or faxed documents. All documents must be uploaded to your application before it is submitted.
*For a listing of service categories, documentation required for each category and/or wartime periods, please go to: floridavets.org/benefits-services/employment/
It is the veteran's responsibility to upload the correct documentation for the category selected prior to submitting an application.
If the same job becomes available but has a different department (supervisor), work assignment (hours), status (full- or part-time) or any other differences, it will be posted separately. If you would like to be considered for the new job, please complete an online application for each unique job posting.
The minimum time frame for any recruitment is 5-10 days and in most cases, the job postings will indicate an open and close date. For continuous postings, this time period may be extended until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
Please note: for those positions, the system will only accept applications while it is active online. Once the posting is removed from the Jobs website, online applications cannot be submitted.
Many seasonal and part-time jobs will be posted on the City website. Occasionally a department will have a need for an intern and these jobs will also be posted on our website as well. Please check in every Monday for any new job posting(s).