Know the warning signs of heat-related illness:
- Extremely high body temperature (above 103°F);
- Weakness, dizziness or fainting;
- Unusually elevated heart rate;
- Fast and shallow breathing;
- Nausea or vomiting; and
- Muscle cramps.
- Stay hydrated with water; avoid sugary and alcoholic beverages
- Wear lightweight, light colored and loose fitting clothing
- Stay cool in an air conditioned area
- Avoid engaging in strenuous activities during peak hours
- Take a cool shower or bath
The above information was shared by Florida Department of Health.