The City of Largo understands as numbers in Pinellas rise; unfortunately, we will likely have team members with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases. Our goal is to ensure the community is aware of the safety precautions and procedures in place to promote transparency and ensure everyone has the information they need to stay safe and healthy. Information is subject to change pending updates to federal, state, and local guidance.
Current Organization Response to a confirmed employee COVID-19 case:
- If a City of Largo team member has a suspected COVID-19 exposure or is demonstrating any symptoms of COVID-19, they will be sent home immediately, until more information is made available or they produce a negative FDA emergency use authorized COVID-19 molecular test.
- If a City of Largo team member is confirmed COVID-19 positive, the department, to the extent possible, will notify individuals that may have been in direct contact with that team member.
- The department or facility will implement additional cleaning procedures, including the regular disinfection of frequently touched surfaces and a disinfecting "fogging" through the air conditioning system if applicable.
- The City of Largo will follow CDC guidelines for critical infrastructure workers in the workplace and utilize a modified test-based strategy for returning to work pending local emergency management guidance.
- That individual will remain under medical care and will not return to the workplace before completing a 14 day isolation period and a negative FDA emergency use authorized COVID-19 molecular test.
- Team members remaining in the workplace will implement additional health measures, including self-monitoring for symptoms, temperature checks, and wearing face coverings at all times.
- In an effort of transparency, a log has been created for the public to communicate any confirmed COVID-19 cases on RenewLargo.com.
- In compliance with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) protections, the individual's identity will be kept confidential. The department, facility or division may be shared if applicable.
The organization's thoughts are with all those impacted by COVID-19 and wish for preserved health and safety for our Largo community. We are stronger together, just spaced out a little.