Would you like know more about the improvements coming to West Bay Drive? Read on for how the City of Largo is revitalizing the downtown corridor.
- 500 block sidewalk adjustment by end of July
- Lane striping by mid-September
- Lighting by mid-September
WHAT WILL YOU SEE?
The new features are based on Largo's commitment to creating an active and connected Downtown as part of the Strategic Plan focus on Community Pride. The improvements include:
- Reconstructing the cracked and aging sidewalks from Missouri Avenue/Seminole Blvd to Clearwater-Largo Road
- Replacing the aging and inefficient existing lighting with modern, energy-efficient, pedestrian-friendly LED lighting
- Installing updated benches, bike racks, and bus shelters
- Constructing two new ways to safely cross West Bay Drive with mid-block crossings, pedestrian-activated flashing beacons, and high visibility crosswalks west of 2nd Street and west of 5th Street
- Milling, resurfacing, and re-striping of the asphalt surface to improve the look and feel of West Bay Drive from Missouri Avenue/Seminole Blvd to Clearwater-Largo Road and improving the diagonal parking lots from 4th Street SW to Ridge Road
WHEN WILL THE PROJECT START?
The construction work started in Fall 2019 and will complement other enhancements to the City’s Downtown including:
- The new Downtown Plaza, which will be a gateway park on the southwest corner of West Bay Drive and Seminole Blvd/Missouri Avenue
- The West Bay Lofts mixed-use development at the 500 and 600 blocks
- The new townhome community on the south side of West Bay Drive and Ridge Road
- Construction of a new Trailhead at West Bay Drive and the Pinellas Trail
WHERE IS WORK BEING DONE?
Please visit the links below to download construction drawings for upcoming work to be done in the West Bay Drive corridor.
- Ridge Road to Clearwater/Largo Road along West Bay Drive
- West Bay Drive & 6th Street Intersection
- 5th Street SW & 5th Street NW
- West Bay Drive & 4th Street Intersection
- 3rd Street NW Area
- 2nd Street SW Area
- Railroad Crossing at West Bay Drive