Hurricane season is here, and Largo residents and businesses are reminded to be prepared before a storm hits. As the City of Largo continues to work with local and state emergency teams regarding upcoming storms, take action to stay informed.
KNOW YOUR ZONE
To know when to evacuate for hurricane surge flooding, residents must know their zone. To view evacuation zones and determine when to evacuate, visit at PinellasCounty.org/Emergency.
MAKE A PLAN
According to the National Hurricane Center, the most active time for hurricanes and tropical storms is August and September, with storm season ending November 30. Be sure to complete your disaster plan before the chaos of an approaching storm so you aren’t caught off guard and unprepared.
BUILD A KIT
Nature is unpredictable and having a disaster supply kit on hand is vital. Basic supplies should include water, non-perishable food, battery-powered or hand crank radio, medications and prescriptions, chargers, flashlights, first aid kit, and extra batteries.
- Sign up for Alert Pinellas to receive notifications via phone, email, or text
- Request a hurricane preparedness presentation
- Download the FEMA Mobile App
- Follow the City on Facebook, Twitter and Nextdoor
- Stay connected to Largo.com and LargoTV (Spectrum ch. 639, WOW! ch. 15 and Frontier Communications ch. 45)