- Exercise regularly to build strength and improve balance
- Take your time getting up to answer the phone or move around
- Keep walking areas and stairs free of clutter and trip hazards
- Improve the lighting inside and outside of your home
- Use non slip mats and rugs in the bathroom and around the house
- Wear sturdy, well fitting shoes with non-slip soles
- Be aware of uneven surfaces indoors and outdoors
Print out your own Home Safety Checklist from NFPA to make your living space fall and fire hazard free.
Are you interested in trying Tai Chi for better balance? Call our Public Education Division at 727-587-6740 Ext. 2014 for more information.