Largo Fire Rescue places an emphasis on community risk reduction as a means of fire and emergency prevention. Our Community Risk Reduction and Outreach program identifies areas within the community that have a need for public safety education and risk reduction programs, such as smoke alarm installations and home safety surveys.
Learn home fire safety tips, and smoke alarm information through NFPA.
For smoke alarm installation and home safety survey requests, call 727-587-6737.
For fire safety, fall prevention or hurricane preparedness presentations contact our Community Risk Reduction Specialist.
727-587-6740 X 2014
We offer the following services and safety presentations:
- Visits to Schools, Neighborhood Communities and Businesses
- Static Display of Fire Engines
- Station Tours and Fire Engine Demos
- Home fire safety and prevention
- Fall prevention
- Hurricane Preparedness
- Pedestrian and Bicyclist Safety
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Safety Table Available for Expos and Events
Fire Cadet Program
The Fire Cadet Program is available to teens and young adults 14-18. Cadets will receive:
- The opportunity to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities in preparing for emergency service careers
- Training from fire officers, paramedics and firefighters
- Basic firefighting skills and first responder training
- Ride-alongs with Fire and EMS units
- Teamwork, self-confidence and leadership skills