Cadets will receive :
- The opportunity to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities in preparing for emergency service careers
- Training from fire officers, paramedics and firefighters
- Basic firefighting skills and first responder training
- Ride-alongs with Fire and EMS units
- Teamwork, self-confidence and leadership skills
The top 25 applicants will be accepted and notified prior to the start of the semester.
- Male or Female between 14-18 years of age, or a senior in high school.
- Law abiding citizen with no criminal background
- Enrolled in school
- Able to maintain a GPA greater than 2.0
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Commit to 10 meetings in the semester training curriculum
- Commit to particitipation in yearly City events