Application period ends on January 31st 2021. Program begins March 1st 2021. APPLY TODAY!
The Fire Cadet Program is available to teens and young adults, age 14 who have completed the 8th grade up to High School Seniors.
Cadets will receive :
- The opportunity to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities in preparing for emergency service careers
- Training from fire officers, paramedics and firefighters
- Basic firefighting skills and first responder training
- Ride-alongs with Fire and EMS units
- Teamwork, self-confidence and leadership skills
- Male or Female between 14-18 years of age, or a senior in high school.
- Law abiding citizen with no criminal background
- Enrolled in school
- Able to maintain a GPA greater than 2.0
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Commit to 10 meetings in the semester training curriculum
- Commit to particitipation in yearly City events