- Tours are available by appointment only Monday - Friday, 9am - 2pm
- Allow at least one week's advanced notice from the requested tour date.
- Tours are recommended for grades 5 and above, and are tailored to the group's age level and knowledge of the subject matter.
- Tour duration can be customized for the group. Plan for a minimum of 1.5 hours.
- Appropriate clothing should be worn. This is primarily a walking tour, and the facility is large. Closed and comfortable shoes are advised.
- Accessibility needs and concerns should be discussed during the tour planning.
What Students See:
- Wastewater capture and cleaning
- Lab processing and Micro-organisms
- Biosolids processing operation and truck loading facility
- Reclaimed water pump house and storage
What Students Learn:
- Wastewater's fit in the hydrological cycle
- Where wastewater flows and how it is returned to the environment
- How wastewater is transformed from a potentially harmful water, to products that can be recycled to the environment without creating public health or environmental problems
- Proper grease handling and recycling
- Careers in public utilities