LOOKING FOR UPDATES ABOUT THE BUSINESS CONTINUITY PROGRAM?
The application period for the City of Largo's Business Continuity Program will open starting the morning of Fri, May 1. A link to the online application portal will be posted on the Business Continuity Program page. Information regarding business eligibility is currently posted.
Largo Economic Development will remain operational to assist customers via phone and email. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or contact us at 727-586-7360. In addition to checking this page often for resource updates, please follow our Facebook and Linkedin pages to be updated as additional resources become available.
How can we help?
The City of Largo is following the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendation for social distancing and has closed Largo City Hall to the public. This decision was made in response to emerging public health concerns of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and a proactive measure to ensure the health and safety of our staff, residents, and customers.
- Planning staff will continue to assist customers via email at AskaPlanner@largo.com and via phone at 727-587-6749 Ext. 7301.
- The Building Division will continue functioning for permitting and plan review via online, mail in and drop-off options, with inspections. Permit review times may be delayed in particular cases. Learn more about Building Division services offered at this time.
- The City’s Solid Waste Division of the Public Works Department understands that some commercial customers have had service hours cut-back or eliminated by state law or due to health concerns, resulting a reduction of solid waste materials. Staff is available to analyze your current needs and make recommendations on service changes, as needed. Learn more about options available to commercial customers.
State of Florida & Pinellas County Guidance for Phase 1 Reopening
On April 29, 2020 the Florida Governor issued Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step Plan for Florida's Recovery. The plan allows for the phased opening of non-essential services and activities, and requires all individuals to continue following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) safety and social distancing guidelines. Read more about the state orders for business closures, reopenings and guidance on Pinellas County's information page.
More Guidance for Businesses
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, has provided interim guidance for businesses and employers, including planning and consideration if there are more widespread outbreaks of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- The US Department of Labor has dedicated webpage for workers and employers about the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. The information includes links to interim guidance and other resources for preventing explores to and infection from COVID-19. The page also offers the latest OSHA resources related to COVID-19, including how to work respirators correctly at work and Guidance for restaurant and beverage vendors offering curbside pickup.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, has created a Coronavirus Response Toolkit with recommendations for businesses and workers across the country. The toolkit includes sharable graphics based on the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) latest guidance for businesses and employees.
- The Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC) has compiled some videos on Small Business Planning for Reopening & Future Successes, and other topics. Visit the Florida SBDC page.
When implemented, there will be many new resources available for small businesses, as well as certain non-profits and other employers. This guide provides information about the major programs and initiatives that will soon be available from the Small Business Administration (SBA) to address these needs, as well as some additional tax provisions that are outside the scope of SBA.
To keep up to date on the availability of these programs, please stay in contact with your local SBA District Office. Largo's nearest SBA Office can be contacted at:
South Florida Disrict Office
(Tampa Alternate Work Site)
SBA District Office
501 East Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
(813) 228-2100 Ext. 24
Or, visit the SBA website to locate your nearest SBA Office.
- The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation has provided a Frequently Asked Questions document to assist restaurants, hotels, bars and nightclubs.
- Visit St. Pete/Clearwater has produced a list of local businesses that offer take-out and delivery, and a list of businesses that offer digital gift cards for purchase to help with current revenue while people practice social distancing. Visit St. Pete/Clearwater has also created a hub of resources for local business. If you have something to add, please contact PR@VisitSPC.com
- CareerSource Pinellas is committed to continue finding ways to assist with employment needs during this difficult time, including virtual services such as Virtual Career Fairs. Learn more about information on the resources currently available to eligible individuals and employers, including reemployment assistance and accessing the Employ Florida webpage.
- The Division of State Purchasing organized the Florida Emergency Supplier Network and Florida Emergency Purchasing Network to assist state agencies and local governments with purchasing functions during emergencies.
Due to COVID-19, our partners at Pinellas County Economic Development are working with Pinellas County Emergency Management to identify local businesses that may be able to support the manufacture of alternate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as masks and eye protection. Additionall, Pinellas County is proactively collecting donations of PPE, disinfectants, and medical devices for our hospitals, first responders, emergency medical services, nursing homes, and healthcare workers. If you are able to donate, sell or manufacture these supplies to help at this time, please visit the informational page from Pinellas County. The page includes information on the specific types of products needed. Other items such as food, clothing, and blankets, are not requested at this time. But if you would like to donate to our local food banks, please visit the informational page and scroll down for locations.
- CDC Resources for Businesses and Employers
- Florida Department of Health Businesses and Employers page regarding COVID-19.
- Florida businesses can also visit http://floridadisaster.biz for more information.
- The Florida Chamber has created a resource page called Follow Facts; Not Fear
- The US Chamber of Commerce is providing $5,000 grants to small businesses that employ between 3 and 20 people through their Save Small Business Fund.
- SCORE is offering remote business mentors at this time.
- The American Bankers Association has published a resource page with information on bank actions to assist customers.
- For Tampa Bay area non-profits, the Tampa Bay Resiliency Fund has been established by the Pinellas Community Foundation and various partners to assist 501(c) organizations.
Manufacturer Resources Supply Chain Disruption Planning from FloridaMakes.
- Checklist Link
- Additional information
- The Pinellas Arts Community Relief Fund has been established in response to the sudden and dramatic need for emergency relief among Pinellas County artists and arts organizations. The relief funds will be distributed through the Pinellas Community Foundation. The goal of the fund is to help ensure that the vibrant arts and cultural landscape of our community remains intact through this emergency. Award amounts are $500 for artists and between $500-$1500 for arts organizations and small creative businesses for current and immediate financial needs, individual needs, organization and business needs. Apply online