The City of Largo is committed to offering a safe enviroment for our residents, businesses, visitors and City staff. Please review the renewed services for Largo's Building Services, Planning, Community Standards and Engineering Services to take effect June 1, 2020. For questions, please contact the Planner-on-call at AskaPlanner@largo.com or by calling 727-587-6749 Ext. 7301.
Customer Service Area
- Following social distancing and CDC guidelines, the maximum number of customers waiting area for customers at a given time is eight.
- Customers will be requested to wait outside or in their vehicles if the maximum number is exceeded. To maintain 6ft social distance, customer seating has been removed with chairs available upon request.
- To protect City staff and customers, the permit technician work stations and open work stations now include installed plexiglass barriers.
- Retractable belts at the counters and floor decals will be available to encourage social distancing.
- Largo’s Building Services will resume walk-in services to customers for permitting and business tax receipts during regular hours, Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm and 3pm Wednesdays, closing at 12pm the first Wednesday of the month.
- Customers may call ahead and book and appointment to speak to a plans examiner virtually or in-person with social distancing.
- Applicants are encouraged to use eTRAKiT. If you do not have an account, please contact Permits@largo.com to set up an eTRAKiT account.
- Applicants trying to submit for permit types that are not currently available through eTRAKiT can submit the application and plans to Permits@largo.com.
- Other permits that will require an application and plans to be mailed in or dropped off in-person, should be submitted to Largo City Hall via a permit dropbox located outside of City Hall’s main entrance off of 2nd Ave NE. Please note plans should only be submitted Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. Any plans left after that time are at the customer’s own risk.
- Payments are encouraged online for registered eTrakit users. Credit card payments may be accepted over the phone and in-person.
- Planning staff will continue to provide virtual services to customers by contacting the Planner-on-call at AskaPlanner@largo.com or by calling 727-587-6749 Ext. 7301.
- Planning staff will be available for in-person appointment only, or virtual appointments.
- Other meetings, such as pre-application meetings, will be done virtually or in-person with social distancing guidelines and no more than 10 people.
- The Development Review Committee will continue to meet in a modified and blended environment of in-person and virtual, with no more than 10 people.
- The Planning Board will meet in-person with social distancing.
Community Standards & Engineering Services
- Community Standards and Engineering Services encourage scheduled meetings with patrons, but walk-ins will be accepted adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- The Special Magistrate and Code Enforcement Board will meet in-person with social distancing.