Are you a teen who wants to make a difference in your community? The City of Largo Youth Leadership Council (LYLC) provides 8th-grade and high school students with an opportunity to participate in leadership and community service to help make a difference in Largo. Council members also have the opportunity to earn community service hours and be a part of upcoming city-wide projects such as neighborhood beautification, parent-teen relationship building, and environmental awareness.
For more information about the Largo Youth Leadership Council, please contact the committee liaison at [email protected]. Meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month from 4:00-5:30 PM at City Hall in the Commission Chambers. Prospective members are welcome to attend any meeting before applying.
WHO CAN JOIN?
- Current students in 8th grade or high school (grades 9-12).
- Must be a City of Largo resident, attend a school in Largo, or work within the City.
- Have a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Have a desire to learn about City government.
HOW TO JOIN?
- To apply, please complete the application form below.
- Qualified applications will be reviewed.
- Committee will appoint the selected candidates.