Although Mayor Woody Brown was born in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, he grew up in Indian Rocks Beach and attended Largo High School. He went on to graduate with a BS in Biology from the University of Central Florida, then a Doctorate of Chiropractic from Life University, College of Chiropractic, Marietta, Georgia. In the Spring of 2002, Mayor Brown established Main Street Chiropractic in the heart of downtown Largo. Mayor Brown is active in the Pinellas County Chiropractic Society and has served on the Board of Directors since 2003. He is a member of the Florida Chiropractic Association. He has been a member of the Central Pinellas Chamber of Commerce since 2001.
Mayor Brown has a wife, Jenny, and two sons, Wyland and Sawyer.
In 2007, Mayor Brown was elected as a Commissioner, and then re-elected in 2010. He was elected Mayor in 2014 and was re-elected in 2016.
- City of Largo Recreation, Parks & Arts Advisory Board (Chair 2005-2007)
- Rotary Club of Largo (President 2006-2007)
- Clearwater Jazz Force (Chair 2015-2016) (Member 2004-Present)
- Clearwater Jazz Foundation Board (2105-2016)
- Graduate of Citizens' Academy Class of 2005
- University of Central Florida Alumni Association
- Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council
- Chair, 2016 and Vice Chair, 2015
- Legislative Committee Member - 2013-2020 (Chair 2016)
- Clearinghouse Review Committee - 2016-2020 (Chair 2016)
- Agency on Bay Management Chair - 2018 (Chair 2016)
- Executive/Budget Committee - 2013-2020 (Chair 2016)
- Florida League of Cities
- Transportation & Intergovernmental Relations Policy Committee (Chair 2016)
- Home Rule HERO- 2018, 2019
- Mayors' Council of Pinellas County, Inc.
- Leadership Pinellas - 2016 Graduate
- Pinellas County EMS Advisory Board Member
- Wastewater/Stormwater Task Force Member
- The United States Conference of Mayors
- Tourism, Arts, Parks, Entertainment, and Sports
- Community Development and Housing