Although Mayor Woody Brown was born in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, he grew up in Indian Rocks Beach and attended Largo High School. He went on to graduate with a BS in Biology from the University of Central Florida, then a Doctorate of Chiropractic from Life University, College of Chiropractic, Marietta, Georgia. In the Spring of 2002, Mayor Brown established Main Street Chiropractic in the heart of downtown Largo. Mayor Brown is active in the Pinellas County Chiropractic Society and has served on the Board of Directors since 2003. He is a member of the Florida Chiropractic Association. He has been a member of the Central Pinellas Chamber of Commerce since 2001. In 2020, Mayor Brown was named Chiropractor of the Year by the Florida Board of Chiropractic Medicine for his volunteerism.
Mayor Brown has a wife, Jenny, and two sons, Wyland and Sawyer.
In 2007, Mayor Brown was elected as Commissioner and then re-elected in 2010. He was elected Mayor in 2014 and has since been re-elected in 2016 and 2020.
- City of Largo, Audit Committee, Chair
- City of Largo, Emergency Management Planning Committee (2019-Present)
- City of Largo, Recreation, Parks & Arts Advisory Board (Chair, 2005-2007)
- Rotary Club of Largo (President, 2006-2007)
- Clearwater Jazz Force (Chair, 2015-2016) (Member, 2004-Present)
- Clearwater Jazz Foundation Board (2015-2016)
- Graduate of Citizens' Academy Class of 2005
- University of Central Florida Alumni Association
- Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council
- Chair, 2016-17
- Vice Chair, 2022-23 & 2015-16
- Legislative Committee Member - 2013-Present (Chair 2016)
- Clearinghouse Review Committee - 2016-Present (Chair 2016)
- Agency on Bay Management Chair - 2012-Present (Chair 2016)
- Executive/Budget Committee - 2013-Present (Chair 2016)
- Florida League of Cities
- Transportation & Intergovernmental Relations Policy Committee (Chair 2016)
- Home Rule HERO: 2018-2023
- Florida League of Mayors
- Board of Directors, 2023
- Nominating Committee, 2021-2022
- Mayors' Council of Pinellas County, Inc.
- President, 2022-23
- Secretary, 2021-22
- Leadership Pinellas - 2016 Graduate
- Pinellas County EMS Advisory Board Member
- Wastewater/Stormwater Task Force Member
- The United States Conference of Mayors
- Tourism, Arts, Parks, Entertainment, and Sports
- Community Development and Housing