What is a Community Ambassador?
Community Ambassadors are our representatives in and around town, in-person and online. They know that voluntary participation in government can positively shape their community and they enjoy sharing ideas and working on a variety of projects. Community Ambassadors engage with residents, visitors and community groups - sharing information about city programs and initiatives and participating in work that makes a difference.
What Does a Community Ambassador Do?
- Serves as a point of contact at public and community events on behalf of the City;
- Promotes Largo as a great place to live, work and visit;
- Offers insight and feedback about upcoming projects;
- Volunteers at local events, including festivals, community activities, and programs;
- Shares information about City programs in person and online; and
- Assists in managing projects based on their strengths, skills, experience, and availability.
Who can participate?
The program is open to all community members age 16 years or older who would like to impact the city in a positive way. That includes residents, local business owners, and members of community organizations that serve Largo residents.
Are there requirements?
Those interested in becoming a Community Ambassador must apply online. To learn more about the program, please call 727-587-6740, ext 7630 or email [email protected].
Participants must be willing to work with various city department and engage in-person and online.