What is a Community Ambassador?
Community Ambassadors are our representatives in and around town, in-person and online. They know that voluntary participation in government can positively shape their community and they enjoy sharing ideas and working on a variety of projects. Community Ambassadors engage with residents, visitors and community groups - sharing information about city programs and initiatives and participating in work that makes a difference.
What Does a Community Ambassador Do?
- Serves as a point of contact at public and community events on behalf of the City;
- Promotes Largo as a great place to live, work and visit;
- Offers insight and feedback about upcoming projects;
- Volunteers at local events, including festivals, community activities, and programs;
- Shares information about City programs in person and online; and
- Assists in managing projects based on their strengths, skills, experience, and availability.
To learn more and participate in the program, please call 727-587-6740, Ext 7630 or email the Community Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can participate?
The program is open to all community members age 16 years or older who would like to impact the city in a positive way. That includes residents, local business owners, and members of community organizations that serve Largo residents.
Are there requirements?
Those interested in becoming a Community Ambassador must apply online. Selected members will attend a training session and receive a certificate upon completion. To learn more about the program, please call 727-587-6740, ext 7630 or email email@example.com.
Participants must be willing to work with various city department and engage in-person and online.