City of Largo, Florida
The Largo Police Department employs a Victim Advocate who will respond to crime scenes and assist victims and witnesses. The aftermath of crime often brings emotional pain and trauma as well as confusion concerning the legal process. Having a person who is able to work with you on your initial trauma responses, find services that can assist you with recovery and prepare you for your involvement in the criminal justice system can be a comforting and empowering service.
Our Victim Advocate can provide the following services:
- Crisis intervention and emotional support to victims and witnesses of crime
- Assistance with safety planning & injunctions for protection (stalking, sexual violence, repeat violence, dating and domestic violence)
- Assistance in filing for Crime Victim Compensation - Download an application
- Understanding your Victim Rights in the criminal justice system
- Transportation to court appearances
- Courtroom orientation and accompaniment
- Referrals to support groups and individual counseling professionals
- Assistance with return of personal property as appropriate
If you have any questions regarding these services, please contact Coleen Chaney or (727)587-6770.
If you have any questions regarding this service, please contact Coleen Chaney.