City of Largo, Florida
Off Duty Services
Off Duty Services
The Largo Police Department will assign off-duty police officers for special events and circumstances in response to requests from citizens or businesses to the extent permitted by existing resources and in accordance with department procedures. The primary intent of extra-duty assignments is to provide a supplementary service in the community by assigning available off-duty uniformed officers to security, crowd control, or traffic related details which do not fall within the scope of the on-duty patrol officer's responsibilities, yet which are reasonably expected to require the services of a sworn police officer.
Requirements for service:
- The business or citizen requesting service is required to pay for the officer's services at a rate established by the police department.
- Service must be within the Largo City limits.
- All job requests must be screened and assigned by Largo Police Department. Largo Police Officers do not arrange their own "off-duty jobs".
Requests for services which exceed the department's capabilities or are not consistent with the professional law enforcement policies of the department will NOT be honored.
If you are a business or individual within the City of Largo who desires to hire off-duty police officers for an event or other circumstance, please follow these instructions:
- Review the Contract for Private Duty Police Services which contains important information regarding procedures, rates, and payments. Complete all required information, have the contract signed by applicant or authorized agent, and submit to the Largo Police Department.
- If you have any questions, contact Debbie Andersen at (727) 587-6707 during business hours, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- At least 14 days prior to the event or the anticipated need for officers, print and sign the Contract for Private Duty Police Services and fax or mail to:
Largo Police Department
Attention: Majors' Office
201 Highland Avenue
Largo, Florida 33770
Your contract will be reviewed to insure that the job complies with department policy and you will be notified of approval or disapproval.
- Additional Drop Sites